Automotive LPG or Autogas is the most accessible alternative fuel available to petrol in the UK and indeed Worldwide today. Thousands of pounds are saved each year by drivers and fleet operators by switching to LPG at the same time benefiting the environment. This includes cars, vans, taxis and even buses.
Converting a Petrol engine to LPG is safe, easy and best of all, much cheaper than using petrol. Recent independent tests have also shown that out of the three fuels, LPG has the best environmental credentials.
If you are a business, in addition to the cost savings, running petrol on LPG sends a positive environmental message about your organisation.
In the UK, LPG costs around 45% less per litre than petrol and diesel, usually resulting in annual savings of up to 40% in fuel costs.
What is LPG?
Liquefied Petroleum Gas is a natural hydrocarbon fuel made up of Propane and Butane. When placed under a small amount of pressure (7bar or 100Psi) it becomes a dense liquid, allowing large quantities of gas to be stored in a relatively small space.
Approximately 60% of the world’s supply is produced from the separation of gas products, with the remaining 40% produced in the refining of crude oil.
The Main financial benefits of driving on Autogas LPG are…
The forecourt price of LPG is typically around 45% less than that of petrol and operators of petrol can significantly reduce their running costs by switching to LPG. In December 2011, the average forecourt price of LPG was 74.1 ppl, Petrol was 132.5 ppl and Diesel was 141.1 ppl (Source: theaa.com 02/2012).